Thursday, November 4, 2010

Invasion

INVASION

Quietly he came,
Bent on destruction
Anger flowed from him
Like a river in spate
The need to hurt
The want to harm
Seethed in him.
This day fate had decreed
She would fall to him.

Quietly she slept
No hints of destruction
Peace flowed over her
Like a quiet pond
No fear of intrusion
A need only for rest
A want only for dreams
No knowledge of what fate
Had decreed for her.

She awoke to a weight
Settling beside her
And a heavier one
Covered her soul
Fear gripped her heart
As malice took him
To a place only he could understand
"Don't make a sound
Just do as you're told
I'm not here to hurt you"
Are the words burned in her ears

A slight nod of her head
A whimper in her throat
Earned her a slap
The blood began to flow
He tore off her clothes
Not heeding the tears
He got what he came for
Never noticing that
She was no longer there.

I stood in the corner
Watching them both
He in his anger
And she in her fear
I watched him as he
Caused more hurt than he knew
And saw her just lie there
Like a broken-down doll
His anger was spent
His need to hurt all gone
He rose from the bed
And left her alone

She lay there just shaking
For what seemed like hours
Till I went back and joined her
And we huddled together
The first thing she said
To no one at all
"What have I done?
Why did he do this?
What did I do
That would deserve such a thing?"

Nothing at all
Not one blessed thing
But no one said them
Those words that she needed.
The fear, hurt and anger
Still flow from her now
Not believing at all
That is wasn't her fault

Nights spent alone
Shaking in fear
Days spent in hurt silence
Just waiting for more
Looking over her shoulder
Most of the time
Watching for danger

She's changed quite a bit
And I have changed too
We've become someone different
A stranger deep down
When will it all end?
When does the pain go away?
Some say it never does
Some say just with time
Our life has been shattered
And put back together

But pieces go missing
And may never be found
Innocence is gone forever
Trust? That one too
Hope is still hiding
But the space is still there
A soul with a space
Left open for hope
Will remain incomplete
Until a new piece is found
To fill in that place
With hope and courage.

Once upon a time, this was a very difficult thing for me to write.  Today is the first time in a very long time that I've even looked at it.  Its a very difficult thing for me to read even now.  Today, I wouldn't write this. The words would be very different.  I want to think that today, I am a different person.

1 comment:

  1. "Our life has been shattered
    And put back together"

    Never seen a more accurate discription of things I've felt.

    ReplyDelete